Valley River Center is proud to be a community partner. We strive to meet community challenges through a combination of employee volunteerism, financial support, in-kind donations and partnerships with non-profit organizations which have missions consistent with our vision and values.Community Partnerships
Valley River Center supports our community in many ways:
- Collecting gifts each holiday season through the Giving Tree coordinated by the Eugene/Springfield Active 20/30 Club. The Giving Tree benefits 10 local non-profit agencies and 2,400 gifts were collected and distributed to local families in need in 2007.
- Helping raise $60,000 in 2008 to benefit infants and children treated at Sacred Heart Medical Center by hosting the Children's Miracle Network KOOL Cares for Kids Radiothon at Valley River Center.
- Helped promote literacy by giving time and support to SMART Start Making a Reader Today. SMART provides a venue for elementary aged children to be partnered with a volunteer adult to spend time reading once a week in a pressure-free environment to develop their reading skills.
- Valley River Center employees donate their time and spirit to the Eugene/Springfield Relay For Life by participating on VRC's Team Shopping For Hope. In 2007 Valley River Center employees helped the Eugene/Springfield Relay for Life raise over $700,000 for the fight against cancer.
- Valley River Center provides a healthy environment for local residents to participate in mall walking programs. Providing a venue for monthly blood-pressure checks at not cost to local residents.
- Valley River Center employees, merchants and guests came together to create 400 "wellness bags" to be distributed to local women battling cancer in partnership with Step Up Women's Network and Willamette Valley Cancer Center.
- In-kind donation of space to local organizations such as the Great Rotary Duck Race, Emerald Empire Vintage Auto Club, Relay For Life, Oregon Heart and Vascular Institute, and SMART.
Each year, Valley River Center will contribute a preset amount of funds in the form of Gift Cards, merchandise and use of property to a diverse group of organizations. Hundreds of requests are anticipated each year. Donation recipients may include civil organizations' education programs; food banks; foundations; hospitals and health care organizations; youth programs; performing arts and museums and many more. Each request is reviewed carefully, however, not all requests can be granted.